Documents Checklist for Canada PR

Looking for a documents checklist for Canada PR. In this article, we’ll talk about the documents requirements to file a visa application. If you have received your invitation to apply (ITA), you will have 60 days to submit your PR application along with all supporting documents.

We have written this article for applicants who’re planning to file their visa application without the consultant and therefore they must have a documents checklist for Canada PR.

As per, you will get your personalized document checklist during the submission of your electronic application for permanent residence (E-APR). This checklist will give you brief details about all the supporting documents required from each family member included in the application by you.

Before ITA

You need certain documents handy while preparing your application for Express Entry. However, you don’t need to upload these documents to submit your profile.

Following are the documents which you need at the time of profile submission:

  • Language Test Results
  • Education Credential Assessment (If you’re applying through the Federal Skilled Worker Program)
  • Passport or Travel document
  • Nomination If any (Provincial nomination)
  • Job offer from Canadian Employer (If you have )

We create this profile just to show our expression of interest in immigrating to Canada. Once you submit your profile, your profile gets rank and basis your CRS score you get the invitation. The more you score in your CRS, the more chances you will have to get the nomination.

Post ITA

Now If you have received your invitation and ready to proceed further, this is the time when you will need your documents to upload.

Following are the documents you need for your application for permanent residence:

Digital Photos

All the applicants (Primary Applicant, Spouse or common-law partner, and Dependent children) must submit their digital photographs.

For digital photo, specifications Click here

Medical Exams

You have to obtain a medical certificate for you and your family members who are coming with you to Canada. It’s advisable to complete your medical exam as soon as you get your invitation to apply.

You have the option of having an upfront medical exam. to get one You can contact your panel physician.

When you go for your medical exam, you must bring:

  • Identification (Passport, Driving Licence, or any other ID with your photograph and signature)
  • Eye Glasses or Contact lenses, If you wear them
  • Your medical report If any from your pre-existing medical condition
  • The medical report form (IMM 1017E), this form will be sent by IRCC In case you don’t get an upfront medical exam
  • A list of current medications

You also have to bring 4 recent photographs, If the panel physician doesn’t use emedical.

You must pay all fees related to your medical exam which includes doctor fee, Tests Fee, or any other fee related to your medical exam.

You’ll undergo physical exams and the Doctor or medical staff will :

  • measure your height
  • weigh you
  • check your Hearing and Vision
  • check your abdomen
  • take your blood pressure
  • monitor your pulse
  • Check your heart and lungs
  • test the movement of your limbs
  • Check your skin

You may be referred to a specialist for more tests, depending on the results of your medical exam. 

Once your medical exam is done, the physician will send the result to IRCC. Also, you will get the document confirming that you had a medical exam.

If you had an upfront medical exam before sending in your application, then you must include a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form with your application.

If the doctor works with eMedical, they’ll give you an information sheet print out to include with your application.

Important: Whether your Spouse and Children’s are not coming with you, All your dependents must have a medical exam done by an approved panel physician.

Police Clearance Certificate

Every country has its guidelines to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate for immigration perspective. The Canadian government has created this tool to check the process for obtaining a police clearance certificate. This tool provides complete information to obtain PCC in your selected country.

You must ensure that the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.

To upload the police clearance certificates, you must scan the original police certificate in color.

I have written a separate blog post for Indian applicants on How to apply a police clearance certificate.

Proof of Funds

To show the proof of funds, applicants should provide an official letter from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

The letters must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number, and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened, and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

Passport or Travel Document

A clear and legible copy of all the applicant’s (primary applicant/ Spouse or common-law partner/ and Dependent Children) passport or travel document must be provided.

Proof of work experience

  • A reference or experience letter from the employer on company letterhead.
  • A letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the job title, duties, and responsibilities,
    a number of work hours per week and an annual salary.
  • If the applicant is self-employed, then articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details. 

Birth Certificate

This document is required to prove the dependent children’s relationship with the parents.

Proof of studies

  • Secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas, or degrees)
  • Transcripts for completed secondary or post-secondary studies.
  • In the case of Educational Credential Assessments (ECA), you must provide the ECA reference number.

Offer letter from a Canadian employer

You must upload a copy of your offer letter If you’re claiming points for a qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Use of a Representative form [IMM 5476]

You have to upload this document only If you are taking the service from a representative or a consultant to complete your application through the consultant portal.

You must sign this IMM 5476 form before uploading it to the portal. Also If applicable, this form must be signed by your spouse or common-law partner,.

Each dependent child 18 years of age or older must complete and sign their own IMM 5476 form if a representative is filling their application on their behalf.

Marriage certificate

The marriage certificate is required to validate the marital status claims.

Divorce certificate

The divorce certificate is required only when marital status is listed as divorced.

Death certificate

The death certificate is required to validate the claim of the death of the spouse or common-law partner.

Adoption certificate

The adoption certificate is required to validate claims that a dependent child is adopted

Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada

If you have relatives in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen then you must upload a copy of the family member’s Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate or permanent resident card.

You have to provide the evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada and the proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.

Here, You should have these documents ready (based on your application status) when you start filing your visa application. It’s better to collect these documents in advance to avoid unnecessary delays.

We hope this article will help you to know about the document requirements for Canada PR and takes you a step closer to your dream of settling abroad.

At Blogimmi, we help applicants to travel, study, and settle abroad by connecting them to their preferred destinations. We eliminate the frustration with complex application procedures by streamlining the process with our fully online on-demand consulting.

Our advisors are ready to answer your queries 24/7. If you have any questions, feel free to reach us by email or phone call.

Thank you!

Leave a Reply

USD United States (US) dollar